This Peanut Butter Chicken recipe is inspired by Chinese cuisine. The recipe works with any kind of chicken. If you have only raw chicken, fry it first. If you have leftover chicken, roasted or just cooked, works perfectly too as it will save some time. It is an excellent dish for a quick dinner.
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 cups crushed Corn Flakes
- 1 ½ lb. boneless chicken cutlets
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable or canola oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup water (adjust to get desired thickness)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter, or to taste
- A few drops of honey
- Whisk together milk, 3 tbsp of creamy peanut butter, egg. Then, sprinkle in a few dashes of salt and pepper.
- Soak chicken in mixture for 5 minutes. -While chicken is soaking, put sauce ingredients in a glass measuring cup or another microwavable container.
- Start with ½ cup water and add more to reach desired consistency. Microwave mixture for 30 seconds, then whisk to combine. Microwave another 30 seconds until hot.
- Next, add more water if necessary, to make mixture thinner. Coat soaked chicken pieces in corn flakes. Then, cook in oil until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Lastly, drizzle with peanut butter sauce and serve.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 710
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 966mg
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 51g
- Cholesterol: 153mg
Keywords: Peanut Butter Chicken