30 minutes stir fry Garlic Ginger and Spring Onion Chicken – a Chinese takeout Ginger Chicken favourite made easy!
- 2 chicken breast halves, nicely cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ tsp salt Pinch ground white pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
For the Stir-Fry
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 bunches scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pour 1 tsp of sesame oil, the salt, pepper, and cornstarch over the chicken and toss to coat. Then, marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, heat the peanut oil.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry in two batches until fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the wok and set it aside.
- Next, add the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the wok. Add the ginger and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the wok. Then, add the water and soy sauce. Stir-fry until the sauce thickens a little.
- Add the scallions, stir well to combine, turn off the heat, and serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 414
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 56mg
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 221mg
Keywords: Ginger Chicken