Chinese Chicken with Cashew Nuts and stir-fried vegetables. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Skip takeout and make your own restaurant-quality meal that’s easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthier!!
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, nicely cut into thin
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ cup cashews, lightly roasted
- 1 scallion, chopped
- In a wok over medium heat, heat the peanut oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the chicken, then stir-fry until the chicken is almost fully cooked.
- Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce, and add to the chicken.
- Next, increase the heat to high, stir well to mix, and continue stirring until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Stir in the cashew nuts.
- Garnish with the chopped scallion and serve.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 388 mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
Keywords: Chicken with Cashew Nuts