Delicious Chinese-American style recipe adapted from Gusbistro.Com.
You will also need: Wok or saute pan, medium bowl
- 2 tsp soy sauce Pinch ground white pepper
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 10 oz. boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, nicely cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pour the soy sauce, white pepper, and cornstarch over the chicken breast and toss to combine. Then, marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, heat the peanut oil.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until slightly golden brown on all sides. Remove it from the wok and set it aside.
- Next, add the garlic and stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Add the sweet and sour sauce, followed by the carrot, onion, and bell pepper.
- Return the chicken to the wok, then mix all the ingredients well. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with the chopped scallion.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 106mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
Keywords: Sweet and Sour Chicken