How to cook Chinese Shrimp Toast
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: main, dish, dinner, party
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Chinese
This Chinese shrimp toast features rich and creamy shrimp mixture on top of crispy bread. If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer for your next dinner or party, give this a try.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 oz. shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 large egg
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sour and sweet sauce, to use as a dip
- In a blender or a food processor, puree the shrimp and garlic.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and egg. Pulse or process a little longer until paste-like in consistency.
- Spread the paste on the bread slices. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Press down on the sesame seeds with a spatula, so they stick to the paste.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the bread into small triangles and fry them with the spread side up
- until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Then, drain on a cooling rack or a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 706mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
Keywords: Shrimp Toast